Hope

Posted: October 16, 2011 in Uncategorized

Hope….. what is it? After hearing a message from pastor Coy at Calvary i learned what it is and what it is not. We will look first at what it is not as far as biblical hope. Biblical hope is not wishful thinking like I hope i doesn’t rain or I hope my football team wins that is wishful hope. Biblical hope is this :confident expectation that what God says he will do he will in fact do it. In Hebrews chapter 6 :18-19 … that by two immutable things ,in which it was impossible for God to lie,we might have a strong consolation,who have fled for refuge to lay hold upon the hope set before us.
for which hope we have as an anchor of the soul ,both sure and stedfast, and which entereth into that within the veil.
psalm1:6 for the Lord knoweth the wayof the righteous; but the way of the ungodly shall perish (be destroyed)
1 corinthians13 :4-6 for charity suffereth long and is kind,charity envieth not;charity vaunteth not itself is not puffed up.
doth not behave itself unseemly,seeketh not her own,is not easily provoked,thinketh no evil
rejoiceth not in iniquity;but rejoiceth in the truth;
You see at this time our brains are only being used at approximately 10 percent and the other 90 percent is just there, kind of like having a harley that does 120mph max now if you ride the sped limit then you only use approximately 45 percent of the bike because if you use the other 75 percent of that bike you will get in trouble so we only use 10 percent of our brain because we have not figured out how to use the other 90 percent of the brain which makes God’s plans and knowledge almost impossible to comprehend and we will not know what God knows unless he reveals it to us or when we get to see him in heaven then we will know all the answers to any question we may have had in the past and we will see the answers so that my friends is Biblical hope , knowing that the wrongs done on earth will be judged,punisged abd avenged and true hope at this point to make it simple is knowing that tomorrow will be better than today. And that my friends is good news to me. so until next time, keep the rubber side down and may God bless you.
Rambo

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s